منتديات تخاطب: ملتقى الفلاسفة واللسانيين واللغويين والأدباء والمثقفين
عزيزي الزائر / عزيزتي الزائرة
تسجيلك في هذا المنتدى يأخذ منك لحظات ولكنه يعطيك امتيازات خاصة كالنسخ والتحميل والتعليق
وإضافة موضوع جديد والتخاطب مع الأعضاء ومناقشتهم
فإن لم تكن مسجلا من قبل فيرجى التسجيل، وإن كنت قد سجّلت فتفضّل
بإدخال اسم العضوية

يمكنك الدخول باستخدام حسابك في الفيس بوك

ستحتاج إلى تفعيل حسابك من بريدك الإلكتروني بعد تسجيلك هنا
التسجيل بالأسماء الحقيقية ثنائية أو ثلاثية وباللغة العربيّة فقط
عزيزي الزائر / عزيزتي الزائرة
تسجيلك في هذا المنتدى يأخذ منك لحظات ولكنه يعطيك امتيازات خاصة كالنسخ والتحميل والتعليق
وإضافة موضوع جديد والتخاطب مع الأعضاء ومناقشتهم
فإن لم تكن مسجلا من قبل فيرجى التسجيل، وإن كنت قد سجّلت فتفضّل
بإدخال اسم العضوية

يمكنك الدخول باستخدام حسابك في الفيس بوك

ستحتاج إلى تفعيل حسابك من بريدك الإلكتروني بعد تسجيلك هنا
التسجيل بالأسماء الحقيقية ثنائية أو ثلاثية وباللغة العربيّة فقط
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

تهتم بـ الفلسفة والثقافة والإبداع والفكر والنقد واللغة

الرئيسيةأحدث الصورالتسجيلدخول
تعلن إدارة المنتديات عن تعيين الأستاذ بلال موقاي نائباً للمدير .... نبارك له هذه الترقية ونرجو من الله أن يوفقه ويعينه على أعبائه الجديدة وهو أهل لها إن شاء الله تعالى
للاطلاع على فهرس الموقع اضغط على منتديات تخاطب ثم انزل أسفله
» هات يدك We Arabs are killing Arabic I_icon_minitime2023-12-13, 15:27 من طرف عبدالحكيم ال سنبل» بين «بياجيه» و «تشومسكي» مقـاربة حـول كيفيـة اكتسـاب اللغـةWe Arabs are killing Arabic I_icon_minitime2023-12-03, 20:02 من طرف سدار محمد عابد» نشيد الفجرWe Arabs are killing Arabic I_icon_minitime2023-11-30, 14:48 من طرف عبدالحكيم ال سنبل» الرذ والديناصورWe Arabs are killing Arabic I_icon_minitime2023-11-02, 18:04 من طرف عبدالحكيم ال سنبل» سلاما على غزةWe Arabs are killing Arabic I_icon_minitime2023-11-01, 18:42 من طرف عبدالحكيم ال سنبل» سلاما على غزةWe Arabs are killing Arabic I_icon_minitime2023-11-01, 18:40 من طرف عبدالحكيم ال سنبل» شهد الخلودWe Arabs are killing Arabic I_icon_minitime2023-11-01, 18:35 من طرف عبدالحكيم ال سنبل» تهجيرWe Arabs are killing Arabic I_icon_minitime2023-11-01, 18:23 من طرف عبدالحكيم ال سنبل» تقرير من غزة We Arabs are killing Arabic I_icon_minitime2023-11-01, 18:18 من طرف عبدالحكيم ال سنبل» القدس لناWe Arabs are killing Arabic I_icon_minitime2023-11-01, 17:51 من طرف عبدالحكيم ال سنبل» يوم في غزة We Arabs are killing Arabic I_icon_minitime2023-11-01, 17:45 من طرف عبدالحكيم ال سنبل» شعب عجبWe Arabs are killing Arabic I_icon_minitime2023-11-01, 17:41 من طرف عبدالحكيم ال سنبل» سمكة تحت التخديرWe Arabs are killing Arabic I_icon_minitime2023-10-07, 15:34 من طرف عبدالحكيم ال سنبل» تجربة حبWe Arabs are killing Arabic I_icon_minitime2023-09-16, 23:25 من طرف عبدالحكيم ال سنبل» زلزال و اعصارWe Arabs are killing Arabic I_icon_minitime2023-09-14, 05:44 من طرف عبدالحكيم ال سنبل

شاطر

We Arabs are killing Arabic

استعرض الموضوع التالي استعرض الموضوع السابق اذهب الى الأسفل 
كاتب الموضوعرسالة
????
زائر

We Arabs are killing Arabic Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: We Arabs are killing Arabic   We Arabs are killing Arabic I_icon_minitime2011-09-09, 14:50

“We Arabs are killing Arabic”: a view shared by many
09 Sep

Going to the Emirates is always fun especially during the fasting month; aside from family and friends just the linguistic situation is so fascinating that as a linguist I always find it hard not to notice it. Every time I go to the Emirates I notice something new and I usually like to annoy my fellow colleagues at the universities over there by asking them what they think of new initiatives to teach or preserve Arabic both on part of the government and non-governmental organisations. On this occasion I noticed two initiatives launching one in Dubai and one in Doha, Qatar and it was good because I was in Doha after I left Dubai and so got the chance to hear about both first hand. In this post I will discuss the Dubai initiative.

I was informed that some government departs were helping their employees (Emiratis and other Arabic speaking workers) to improve their Arabic. They call the series ‘قل و لا تقل’ which roughly translates as ‘Say, and don’t say’ something like: say this….but do not say this because it is wrong. This title is popular and there is a TV series that has the same title, the format is that each show has a theme, each week the presenter shows examples of how people misuse words or phrases and then shows the correct usage. It is all in classical Arabic and aims to improve the use of words amongst native speakers who have along the way picked up bad habits in their language use.

Coming back to the initiative in Dubai, employees will be presented with about 200 small ‘letters’/ ‘messages’ over a long period of time, in how to correctly use words or phrases that are misused these days. I think it’s good that this is happening and that there is an awareness that people are not using language as it should be used (I know descriptivists are shouting at me right now, I am not usually prescriptivist but I think that if meanings are distorted and eventually changed people need to be told ‘how to speak’ it’s all part of language preservation!). The initiative was an idea of one person and now it has taken off and many employees will have access to these, only time will tell how successful or not it has been.

As I always say, people need to feel that their language is worth learning how to speak. I call for a strong education system (in my recent publication) that promotes the good learning and teaching of the Arabic language to students in their young age. Without language being made important in education how can anyone be expected to speak language correctly, everything around them is in English or broken English, or Urdu or Hindi – here of course it is specific to the Emirates. Language learning and mastering needs motivation and incentives, otherwise speakers will not see the importance of the language and that’s why we are where we are. The calls that Arabic is dying, being lost, marginalized, discarded and all this in a land where Arabic is the language even of the date palm and desert!

Below is an article (without editing) addressing this issue, slightly dated but I think not much has changed in Emirates. Maybe in another post I will write about the struggles Emiratis are having now as adults in reading Arabic texts and the measures they are taking to ensure their children do not suffer the same fate. Language fascinates me and as a sociolinguistic the way people interact with their language on a social level will keep me intrigued forever.

———————–

The purity and originality of Arabic is at stake, especially when it comes to youngsters

By Muna Ahmed

“Lol, I don’t know how to read Arabic. Please write in English or use the (Maarab, Arabic in English app).

My mom is busy and she cannot translate what you are writing,” said my 13-year-old niece, when I started chatting with her on the Blackberry.

“Here, we don’t accept any document which is not typed in Arabic.

It is against the rules. Please go and get it typed in Arabic, only then I will be able to process it for you,” said an Emirati staff at the Dubai Traffic Prosecution who attended my call.

These are two opposite views of two girls whom I came in touch with in the past couple of days.

It was nice to hear the Traffic Prosecution staff stressing the importance of the Arabic language and that they don’t accept any other language other than Arabic, as per the directives of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE’s Vice-President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai.

On the other hand, the sad part is that the new generation of Arabs are not very interested or keen to preserve their own language. The openness to the world has changed their lives to a very large extent. The majority of them today use the “Maarab” to communicate, and these are mainly those who go to private schools.

This will lead to a serious problem where the identity of the Arabic language will be lost.

This is a disaster as it will lead to the loss of purity and originality of Arabic, especially when it comes to youngsters who are in the process of learning their mother tongue.

I believe that Maarab was first created by those who did not have an Arabic application on their computer many years ago, and who did not know how to speak or write in English. Today, the majority of teenagers use Maarab to communicate.

They only know how to speak Arabic, and most of the time without correct grammar and usage. If this is the situation today, then I fear imagining how it will be 10 or 15 years from today?

And the shocking part is that many Arabs show off the fact that they don’t know how to read or write their own mother tongue. Parents of these children send them to a British or American Standard school, where English is the basic language for studies, and they also talk to them in English at home.

When I go out with my friends, they are surprised that my three-year-old son Saood doesn’t speak English. They try to persuade me to change this and start talking to him in English at a young age to strengthen his English.

They even go to the extent to say that Arabic is not important anymore and that I shouldn’t speak to my son in Arabic in front of others, as this means that I am not modernised.

It’s a pity. Arabic is the language of the Holy Quran, and I wonder how these children will grow to become true Muslims if they don’t know how to read the Holy Book which is the base of their religion? I don’t say that English is not important. It is very important, but it should not take the place of one’s mother tongue.

————end of article

It’s great that Muna speaks to her son in Arabic, though this is not the place to discuss bilingualism in-depth; I’ll say that his English will be better than those children who learn English first and not Arabic. That is true in this instance because for one’s English to be ‘perfect’ they should really learn it from a native, whereas here these people themselves have not mastered English! So Muna teaching her son Arabic is wonderful because his Arabic, even though its spoken, will give him a grounding in his mother tongue. After this grounding he will master English is school at the hands of natives, which is usually the case in the Emirates.

Your views and thoughts are most welcome! In the next post I hope to discuss a new initiative started last month in Doha, Qatar to improve Arabic content on Twitter, how it started and its overall aims and progress so far.

Source: http://www.emirates247.com/columns/analysis/we-arabs-are-killing-arabic-

الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل
غالية الذرعاني
مشرف منتدى
غالية الذرعاني

وسام النشاط :
وسام النشاط

وسام المبدع :
وسام أفضل قصة

القيمة الأصلية

البلد :
ليبيا

عدد المساهمات :

نقاط :

تاريخ التسجيل :
29/04/2010

المهنة :
معلمة

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: We Arabs are killing Arabic   We Arabs are killing Arabic I_icon_minitime2011-09-09, 20:38

Good topic, the Arab language really needs those who stand to its side and save it from extinction, but may I ask you: Why did you write the subject in English???

We Arabs are killing Arabic 463596
http://alflaylawlayla.blogspot.com/
????
زائر

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: We Arabs are killing Arabic   We Arabs are killing Arabic I_icon_minitime2011-09-09, 20:50

الموضوع منقول استاذة غالية الم تلاحظى ذلك ؟ الرابط موجود اسفل الموضع ,,,,
فقط أعجبنى لأهميته وجِدته فأحببت أن أقرأ التعليقات عليه هنا .....
وهنا انا التى سأوجه لك السؤال نفسه :لماذا كتبتى التعليق بالانجليزية ؟!!

We Arabs are killing Arabic 463596 We Arabs are killing Arabic 463596 We Arabs are killing Arabic 463596
We Arabs are killing Arabic 390140
غالية الذرعاني
مشرف منتدى
غالية الذرعاني

وسام النشاط :
وسام النشاط

وسام المبدع :
وسام أفضل قصة

القيمة الأصلية

البلد :
ليبيا

عدد المساهمات :

نقاط :

تاريخ التسجيل :
29/04/2010

المهنة :
معلمة

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: We Arabs are killing Arabic   We Arabs are killing Arabic I_icon_minitime2011-09-09, 20:53

هههههههههههههههه
آسفة جداً جودي ( نجاة)
لم ألاحظ الرابط
وأردت أن أشاكسك

We Arabs are killing Arabic 902102 We Arabs are killing Arabic 902102 We Arabs are killing Arabic 902102 We Arabs are killing Arabic 902102 We Arabs are killing Arabic 902102
http://alflaylawlayla.blogspot.com/
????
زائر

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: We Arabs are killing Arabic   We Arabs are killing Arabic I_icon_minitime2011-09-09, 21:00

أهلا وسهلا ومرحبا بك وبمشاكساتك يا واسطة العقد فى المنتدى ,,,,
المنتدى هذه الأيام غير أستاذة غالية.... فعلا غير ,,,

We Arabs are killing Arabic 408340
We Arabs are killing Arabic 406167 We Arabs are killing Arabic 406167 We Arabs are killing Arabic 406167
We Arabs are killing Arabic 902102

استعرض الموضوع التالي استعرض الموضوع السابق الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة 
صفحة 1 من اصل 1

مواضيع مماثلة

-
» ARABIC PHONOLOGY
» Case-assignment in Arabic
» Arabic: A language of beauty and prestige
» Arabic Conjunction WA: A Conflict in Pragmatic Principles

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى
منتديات تخاطب: ملتقى الفلاسفة واللسانيين واللغويين والأدباء والمثقفين  :: المنوعات :: قضايا للنقاش-
تسجيل صفحاتك المفضلة في مواقع خارجية
تسجيل صفحاتك المفضلة في مواقع خارجية reddit      

قم بحفض و مشاطرة الرابط منتديات تخاطب: ملتقى الفلاسفة واللسانيين واللغويين والأدباء والمثقفين على موقع حفض الصفحات
أفضل 10 أعضاء في هذا الأسبوع
لا يوجد مستخدم

We Arabs are killing Arabic 561574572

فانضموا إليها

Computer Hope
انضم للمعجبين بالمنتدى منذ 28/11/2012
سحابة الكلمات الدلالية
البخاري اسماعيل الخطاب الخيام النص اللغة الحذف التداولية النحو مبادئ مجلة ظاهرة الأشياء على المعاصر بلال محمد اللسانيات ننجز كتاب العربية مدخل النقد موقاي العربي قواعد

حقوق النشر محفوظة لمنتديات تخاطب
المشاركون في منتديات تخاطب وحدهم مسؤولون عن منشوراتهم ولا تتحمل الإدارة ولا المشرفون أي مسؤولية قانونية أوأخلاقية عما ينشر فيها